The Nyamekye Foundation, formerly known as “The Exigence Foundation, Inc.,” has been supporting charitable causes in Western New York and beyond since 2008. The Foundation was created by founding members of The Exigence Group to provide a specific entity from which charitable funds may be received and distributed. The intent of this entity is to help our group make good decisions and have the biggest impact on the dollars and resources given.
The word “Nyamekye” originated in the Akan language meaning “God’s Gift.” Akan is a term applied to a group of related peoples residing on the Gulf of Guinea in the southern regions of what are today the republics of Ghana and the Ivory Coast in the Western part of continental Africa.
The Nyamekye Foundation is a formal 501(c)(3) public charity and welcomes any and all contributions from individuals both within our organization and outside it. Donations can be designated to specific causes at the request of the donor. All donations are tax deductible and should be directed to the attention of Irving Levy, Foundation Treasurer.
The Nyamekye Foundation...
- Promotes healthcare research and development
- Aids in the provision of patient access to appropriate healthcare
- Provides funds for scholarships
- Contributes to hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare organizations and facilities
- Contributes to individuals and other organizations in need as determined by the Board of Directors.